Monday, December 15, 2008

Nativities

We had a tradition when I was growing up. There was some yarn (straw) and a basket (manger). Every time you did a good deed you got to put a piece of straw in the manger. the intent is that by Christmas the manger is full of hay and soft for baby Jesus. Corban asked me where baby Jesus was and I told him that it wasn't his birthday yet. As we were driving around as a family looking at Christmas lights, Corban was irked that the nativities that were set up had baby Jesus in the manger. "It's not his birthday yet! Why do they have the baby Jesus in the manger!" I tried to explain but he was insistent that if it wasn't Christmas yet, they shouldn't have the baby Jesus in the manger. We hope he was as attentive to the idea of doing good deeds as well!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.