Sunday, January 29, 2012

Groundhog Day



























































































The other night, "Groundhog Day" was on TV after the kids went to bed. I was folding laundry and sat up and watched part of it. The thing is, sometimes I feel like my life is Groundhog's Day: get up early to deliver the newspapers, wake the kids, get the kids ready for school, hurry them out the door, get the house picked up, laundry, exercise, pick the house up again, homework, dishes, extracurricular activities, etc. I could understand his insanity with the same crazy things happening over and over again. Some nights I go to bed so tired and think, I get to get up and do this all over again tomorrow! It is not a comforting thought! Yet I loved how he found his purpose in serving others and bettering himself. It helped him be at peace with his situation and find happiness. It gave me a gentle reminder that it is the little stuff that is the big stuff in life. It is sitting down and connecting with my kids for that one moment I have with them. It is sitting down to read a book if I get a chance. (The above pictures are from many of my groundhog days. The last time I downloaded pictures from my camera to my computer, there were 28 pictures! It had been a while!)

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.