Daven had a good birthday. He is such a funny buddy. He has been talking about his birthday since spring and waiting not so patiently for each season to pass. He finally made it to Christmas and then his birthday. When he woke up, I said, "Happy Birthday Daven!" He said, "No, it's not today. Trust me." I laughed. I think he has heard no so many times that it he was convinced it would never come. He finally agreed it could be his birthday if that meant he could open his presents. Waiting until Dad came home from work was TORTURE! He asked me every 20 minutes (no exaggeration) what Dad was doing at work and if it was time for him to come home yet. Then he was unhappy his party was the next day and not ON his birthday. He had a good birthday party, too. I had a hard time planning it because the guest list kept changing and the itinery kept changing. I made cupcakes using fondant (my first time). I was impressed with the visual result but no one is eating them :( . I am not sure I will do it again. We will see.
I just was sustained today as the relief society president in our branch. I am overwhelmed. I really like being a follower. I guess it is time to get out of my comfort zone. When our we talked with our branch president before we moved here, he was very anxious for us to move into the branch. I told him, "You must need a relief society president." He confidantly told me that he had just called a new one and didn't need one. Times change. I have had peace that it will be okay but my natural man keeps freaking out. I am grateful my 1st counselor has served many times as a relief society president. I know who the Lord calls, He qualifies. I had a lot of gap to fill and my eyes keep focusing on that gap. It will all work out. It always does.


No comments:
Post a Comment