Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 19, 2014

I had a good chat with my little (wiser) sister this week.  We don't get to chat often these days.  She asked me about my goals.  I said I didn't set any because I wasn't sure what I could complete.  She told me about an article she read about a lady who was in a serious car accident.  She woke up on the ride to the hospital in the ambulance.  She first realized she was still alive.  Then several things were on her mind.  When she recuperated and returned home, she found the envelope with her goals written on it.  She opened the envelope and none of the things that really mattered (the things she was thinking about on her ambulance ride) were on her list.  I have thus decided I will make my own ambulance ride list and have it for goals. 
Corban is taking a cooking class this quarter.  His life is forever evolved to realize brownies are actually a cookie!  Who knew!  He now wants to try chocolate chip cookie bars.  You can make anything a bar!  It opens a whole new world! (He doesn't realize he has had them and didn't even know it!  Shhhh!)
Gideon stood up on the bench today in church and shook his booty while saying that aloud.  He is a character that little boy! 
Brynna is playing basketball right now.  The sheer delight on her face as she runs down the court is like a kid splashing in a pool on a hot day.  She is loving it! It makes the basketball chauffeur Saturdays worth it!
Daven's teacher tried to teach the kids about Martin Luther King Jr. Day by giving all the girls a Hershey kiss and making the boys sit and watch them eat it.  After she gave them all M&M's.  She said the kids didn't really get it.  Lesson, chocolate is the world's great equalizer.  J/K  Happy Martin Luther King Day!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.