Wednesday, December 23, 2015


Critchfield family status update 2015



This past fall, I started a graduate program in English at the University of Nebraska Omaha.  The following is an excerpt from an essay I wrote for my modern essay class.  We were supposed to write about something we are passionate about.  I am passionate about my family.  Bridger and I are busy as usual, not a lot changes with us except number of smile wrinkles we get from watching our kids learn and grow.  Merry Christmas all!

Why five?”  I am asked recently.  I start by saying that it is a very personal decision.  Plus, I don’t see them as five.  I see them as Corban, Kjerstin, Brynna, Daven, and Gideon.  They are each unique and I wonder what they will bring to the world around them.  I don’t see one of them I could do without.

Corban (15) is one of the most tenderhearted boys I’ve ever met.  He is so appreciative when I change his bed sheets each week. He is always sure to tell me thank you, and exaggerates that I’m the best mom, which I don’t mind.

Kjerstin(13) is smart and stubborn. I wouldn’t be surprised if she finds a cure one day for cancer, but you might have to tell her she can’t first. 

Brynna (11) is organized and particular about how everything should be.  She could be a project manager or event planner at age 11. 

Daven (7) loves to talk.  He could be a counselor or a public relations specialist.  He loves to tell me he loves me. 

Gideon (5) is still too young for me to pinpoint his dominant attributes yet, besides being a future power ranger.  He does things that surprise me daily.  He definitely thinks outside the box, and is physically strong and funny. There isn’t a day that goes by that he doesn’t make me smile.  I love my children.  I wouldn’t change what I have or don’t have for any one of them.  So, why five?  Why not?




No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.