Sunday, December 27, 2009

I am ready to be done with festivities, at least for a few days!

Well after having my family and Bridger's family over for Christmas Eve and spending the next two days with my siblings and their families in a get together, we celebrated Daven's birthday today and had everyone over again. I feel like I have eaten and eaten and am not looking forward to being weighed at the Dr.'s office this week. I was so tired of big celebrations, I asked Bridger if we could just take it easy on Daven's birthday. Well, this is what everyone who had birthdays around Christmas warned me about. I thought then (during my pregnancy with him) that I wouldn't do that and I could make his birthday just as special no matter what time of the year it was. Well, 2 years into it I am trying to break my pact with myself. It is a good thing I have a husband who wouldn't let me and reminded me that if it was any of the other kids and their birthdays I wouldn't do it any differently. I think he may need to keep reminding me yearly. I hope not. Now we have a few days break before New Years celebrations and school getting started again. I am just biding my time. Each day that passes is one day closer to delivery (whenever that may come). The holidays make it go faster, but I was still tempted when another Mom told me she had delivered at 32 weeks. I thought, I could already be done! That sounds wonderful. She told me it wasn't, but I am not so sure sometimes!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.