Well I missed blogging last week about our 4th of July and so I am combining 2 weeks worth of activities. We went camping to Lava Hot Springs for the 4th of July. I am not an avid camper but I think I need to become more of one. I love to travel and want to take my kids places but don't want the hotel fee that accompanies traveling. We are going to Coeur d'Alene at the end of the month and plan to camp so this was to test our camping ability. I have been to Lava several times staying in my parents cabin there. It isn't new to me. But it was perfect place to test out camping. My parents decided to accompany us since they LIKE camping! My kids had a great time in the hot pools and swimming pool the next day. It was so good to get away from the house and cleaning and laundry and other work that is always ready to be done. Of course you come home to work, but it is so nice to have a breather and it is so good to get my son away from electronics. He is a little too addicted. As we were leaving town, we passed the Ramada Inn. He said, "I wish we could go there instead." I think he is his mother's son for not loving camping but it is good to expand ourselves. We came home for Sunday and lit of fireworks in front of our house. It was great. Bridger and I got some plans made for what we will do in Coeur d'Alene at the end of the month. I love just having him home and around. He called me today and told me they needed someone to go to Bloomington, IL for 2 months and asked if I wanted him to volunteer to go. What craziness! It is like the speaker of our church said yesterday. He works for the National Guard and is getting ready to be deployed to Iraq again. He had 3 kids when he left before and has 6 now. He said, "Being deployed isn't hard for me. It is hard for my wife." I couldn't agree more. I love having him around. I think it is so important that as we are married and get used to having the other person around, we don't take it for granted and continue to "choose" to have this special person as part of our lives for a good reason. So now we are into July. Softball is over and kids are in swimming now. AND I FINALLY took Gideon for pictures. Here is the link to the website to view the photos if you are interested: www.searsphotos.com
Session Number: 109042
Password: DRC2V
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment