Sunday, August 1, 2010

Picture Story











Sadly it seems summer has me in a stint where I am only posting every 2 weeks. We were out of town last week and it was Corban's birthday the Sunday before that and if I don't get time on the computer on Sunday it is slow to happen. Corban said his birthday was the best ever. We had a great time on our vacation. We came home to company and have my niece and nephew here for a week. It is great to see them. It makes it feel like the vacation really isn't over. I can't believe it is August and it is almost the end of summer. August is already filling up with activities and will be gone before I know it. I have a picture story of our vacation. We started in Lewiston. Bridger's oldest nephew is leaving a on mission to South Africa. My kids have been begging us to go to Lewiston since they moved there a year ago. After the drive there, I am not sure there will be as much begging to go but they did have a good time. We got some energy out at the batting cages. Daven even wanted to join in the fun. Bridger installed a zip line at their house which he had initially bought for our house and decided against, but it works great in my sister in-laws yard. This is Brynna enjoying it.



This is a great game. Supposedly it has been on Minute to Win It. You make a fishing pole and tie a gummy worm on the end of the string. Then, holding only the pole, you get the gummy worm wet with your saliva so it is sticky enough to grab a pretzel off a plate. Then you eat both, still only holding the pole.





We stopped at the Spokane Temple. When Bridger was younger he went to a stake conference where a general authority was visting and told the people that if they were righteous, they would one day have a temple in Spokane. It is a special temple for him.


We went to a family barn night and all the kids got to ride horses and go on a wagon ride. We ate dinner around a campfire. It was fun for the girls, Corban was ready to leave before we got there. We camped at great campgrounds along the way and I can't believe I actually enjoyed camping. The weather was great. It was nice to be outside more and nice to lay in the tent at night with all our kids and just talk.
This is the Panic Plunge that Kjerstin talked Bridger into going on with her. I lucked out and sat with Gideon in the stroller and read a book while everyone went on rides. My body is getting too old for these thrills!





We went on a cruise of Pirates of the Coeur d'Alene. It was fun. The kids were renamed as Catious Corban the Killer, Kick and Punch Kjerstin, Bossy Brynna, and Dastardly Daven. Gideon was napping.
This is a ghost town in Montana we dragged the kids to. They were less than excited. Here is the school house. I told them they would have summer school.
We are back safe and sound, except for a hubcap that fell off somewhere along the freeway. Hopefully the memories don't fall off, too!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.