Friday, August 6, 2010
Stop, Look and Listen
I was lucky enough to get to go the temple yesterday. I had read an article about parenting yesterday and it talked about the simple instructions that we teach to children, "Stop, Look, and Listen." I thought about that while I was in the temple. First, I have to stop to make time for me to go to the temple. My kids asked me as I was getting ready to go, "Why do you want to go to the temple?" I told them because I feel peace and happiness in my life when I go to the temple. I always have things that come up that make it inconvenient to go but I have to stop, and remember that I need to go. While I was there, I listened. It wasn't silent like you would expect in the temple. It wasn't loud though, either. There was work that needed to be done and it was happily being done. It reminded me that being busy isn't bad. The Lord wants us to be busy with a good cause. I also looked and the faces of the many people I saw there. I imagined what they looked like when they were younger or when they are outside the temple. It is so easy to see the good in others in the temple and I need to look for that good when I am out of the temple, because it is still there. Maybe I can apply Stop, Look and Listen in other areas of my life, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment