Well school has officially started. We got all the back to school haircuts this week. I took Corban to get a spiky cut because that is what he wanted instead of me cutting his hair. I think he has only worn it spiky one day and has done it the same as before every other day. How interesting kids are. We went to the back to school open house and met their teachers and got the new school t-shirt. The older two had their first day and we attended Brynna’s parent meeting for kindergarten. I think it will be a good year for all. They all like their teachers and seem happy.
It was also our anniversary. Bridger surprised me and took the day off work. We went to the temple and did sealings. I cried. I remembered 11 years earlier, and felt so lucky to be sealed to him for eternity. He had been out of town at the beginning of the week. I missed him. I am used to having him gone because he has to be gone so much, but I missed him. It just isn’t the same with him gone. I thought of the couples who have died and not been together for years! How sad for them and how joyous to be sealed together finally. I am so grateful we were sealed together and not just ‘til death do you part. I think doing sealings is the best thing you can do for an anniversary. You remember those covenants you made and cement them again in your heart. It was funny. When we pulled into the temple parking lot, it was full. I said, “Oh great, I forgot. It’s problaby a wedding day.” Bridger laughed and said, “Yeah, I guess so.” Getting married in the fall is like starting school for a happy life but you never graduate from this school.
I took the kids to Ross Park yesterday to celebrate the last warm day of summer. It has gone too fast. But fall is here knocking on the door and it is rude to turn him away so off we go!
It was also our anniversary. Bridger surprised me and took the day off work. We went to the temple and did sealings. I cried. I remembered 11 years earlier, and felt so lucky to be sealed to him for eternity. He had been out of town at the beginning of the week. I missed him. I am used to having him gone because he has to be gone so much, but I missed him. It just isn’t the same with him gone. I thought of the couples who have died and not been together for years! How sad for them and how joyous to be sealed together finally. I am so grateful we were sealed together and not just ‘til death do you part. I think doing sealings is the best thing you can do for an anniversary. You remember those covenants you made and cement them again in your heart. It was funny. When we pulled into the temple parking lot, it was full. I said, “Oh great, I forgot. It’s problaby a wedding day.” Bridger laughed and said, “Yeah, I guess so.” Getting married in the fall is like starting school for a happy life but you never graduate from this school.
I took the kids to Ross Park yesterday to celebrate the last warm day of summer. It has gone too fast. But fall is here knocking on the door and it is rude to turn him away so off we go!

1 comment:
Hi Cindy
I too have had an absence from the blog world for several months. But, I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. It sounds as thought you have had an exciting summer. Your baby is growing up fast! Your children are so cute. I hope that you guys are doing well!'Kriteen
Post a Comment