Monday, December 27, 2010
Ketchup
Currently there is laundry to be folded and put away, a book to be read so I can pass it on to someone else, a family home evening to cement into place but I am sitting down to write. Ketchup is a sweet-and-sour condiment typically made from tomatoes, vinegar, sugar or high fructose corn syrup, and an assortment of vegetable seasonings and spices such as onions, all-spice, cloves, cinnamon, garlic, and celery. I don't know if that accurately will describe this post but I do need to catch up since it has been 3 weeks since I have written a post. In 1876, Heinz tomato ketchup was advertised: "Blessed relief for Mother and the other women in the household!" I think that is a better descriptor of this post since the need to put my thoughts in a more concrete form is necessary. It has been an interesting Christmas season. I really feel like I eventually got the Christmas spirit. As I would start to form a complaint of why we do all this at Christmas, I would think of Christ and how He suffered for not only our sins but all our other sufferings that was not necessary. I think how it is not needed to give this toy to a child but how our Heavenly Father answers our prayers and supplies our needs and our wants. It made me especially grateful for the gospel. This is the sweet portion of the sweet and sour catchup. I think because of this blessing the Lord has allowed me a clearer look at myself- a picture of myself through His eyes. I see things that are good and things that are not so good that I never noticed before. It gives me a list of things I need to work on. It is a little sour to the mouth but I suppose the sweet and sour together make a good combination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment