Monday, March 7, 2011
Walking in the Light
I was watching my little Gideon the other day. The sun was shining through the window and leaving a blotch of sunshine on my carpet. He kept walking back and forth over that spot of carpet wondering ( I am assuming) why it looked different and why it felt warmer. My dog would do that, too. He would take morning naps on the places where the sun shined through the window leaving a warm area on the ground. He would move as the day grew to follow that warm spot. It got me to thinking about the light of the Gospel. Do we like to walk in the light? I also saw some photos on Facebook of one of my younger cousins. He looks like he is not walking in the light that he was brought up in. He looks like another one of my cousins that recently got arrested for drug use. Why do we leave the light? It feels good. It is warm. Even my one year old baby can tell that. I know sometimes we have are required to exercise faith and take a step into the darkness before we find the light again. Do we get lost? Are we afraid of making the step and stay where we are and get lost? Is it our stubborness? It makes me want to be like a little child (my little child) and walk in the light. It makes pray that my little Gideon will always want to walk in the light. It makes me think of the primary song: Teach me to walk in the light of his love, teach me to pray to my Father above, teach me to know of the things that are right. Teach me, teach me, to walk in the light. Do we have to be taught to walk in the light? I think we get it as little children and we somehow forget. Is it like those classes we have taken that we really don't remember anything from because we took it just to get the grade and move on? It is amazing to me how much I learn from my kids even when they don't even know they are teaching me. Right now they are telling me to be done with this, but I hope I remember the lesson I learned and I will walk in the light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment