Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fools!



When I was little, before my child brain could register it was April 1st, my mom would make us cardboard pancakes for breakfast and stuff our shoes with newspapers. I have yet to be such a Mom. I always get to April 1st and I am too tired to do anything extra. This Friday I woke up with a migraine and I thought it would be yet another boring April Fools' at our house. I took my medicine, and got over my migraine though! I was thrilled. I told the kids because it was April Fools they got to eat dessert for dinner, and dinner for dessert. (I got all of this off the internet). I made meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting for "dessert" and a giant hamburger cake for "dinner." I think the kids were thrilled with it all and I felt accomplished for finally being the type of Mom I was I was everyday! I also took them to see the Weiner-mobile. It was here in Pocatello! I was doing a mystery shop and stumbled upon it. Bridger has had a little Hotwheel car of it since he was a boy. I always get asked, "Is this real?" Now they know! I took my kids back after they got out of school. Here is a photo and some stats:

A hot dog roof, custom ketchup and mustard upholstery, a mustard stripe aisle, a "bun"box, a horn that plays 21 different versions of "I Wish I Were an Oscar Meyer Weiner."

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.