Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day

What makes a good mothers day? Do you have to have breakfast in bed? Do you have to get a gift ? Do you have to have dinner cooked for you? Do you have to have a nap? Is it spending time with the ones who helped you to become known by this name or is it an opportunity to take a break and spend some time alone? Do you have to get the cute kid made gifts? Does someone have to wish you a happy mothers day? Bridger usually takes a Friday off before Mothers Day and plans something for us to do for Mothers Day. This is secretly one of my favorite things about Mothers Day. It didn't happen as planned this year. We were all sick and Bridger had to work and I had to do some things to finish out the jump a thon at the kids school. I was a little disappointed. I did get to sleep in (a little-7am) and didn't have to cook on Friday. Bridger took me out to lunch and got the kids a Costco pizza for dinner. I think that is good. I averted my eyes from my laundry beckoning me to pay attention. It was good. Today we cooked dinner for our mothers and I felt it was a day for them to feel special. I can't say what made Mothers Day this year good- but it was. I don't think it is a check list of what you get or what is done for you. It isn't the same from year to year but it always seems to be good.

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.