Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Well the week ended well.  I was a little frustrated at the beginning of the week.  We had a termite inspection before we purchased the home.  It was guanteeded that the home would be free from termites, carpenter ants, etc.  that are damaging to the home.  I had seen 3 large ants in the basement.  We called the company that did the termite inspection and they agreed as a courtesy to come out and spray.  While they were here spraying, I mentioned in passing that we had problems with other ants as well.  As he was spraying, he told me he figured out why we were having problems with other ants.  He showed me where the siding in the back of the house had water damage and allowing ants (a line walking in) to enter.  I was frustrated.  It should have been caught by the home inspector.  We are trying to get him to come and look at it so we can start tearing out siding (and possibly drywall) to get the repairs done.  Just what makes you really feel like a home owner, repairs! 






The kids got out of school and I have been trying to establish a routine for them.  Brynna told me that her teacher told them their assignment was to have a fun summer so she was unable to do chores because they aren't fun.  She should be a lawyer!  After 2 unsuccessful assembles of one of ten shelving units, I finally have one together. Only 9 more to go!  My goal is one a day.  Bridger and Corban went on a scout campout on Friday night.  The kids and I joined Camille Chamberlain's sisters and parents for a bonfire at a local campground.  Kjerstin was sure I was driving the wrong way the whole way there and home.  I guess I don't inspire a lot of trust.  Kjerstin and Daven each caught a little fish (2 inches long).  It was perfect!  They are so kind and so nice.  I am so grateful for them.  Monday we went to the zoo, and it did not disappoint! We didn't make it through the whole zoo so we have plenty to go back and see.  It was well worth it for a season pass.  It was a good weekend.  It is nice everytime we get to have time to get out and explore a little more of what our surroundings offer.  I hope that is what will happen this summer, if I can convince Brynna to get her chores done first!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.