I got lost in the Costco parking lot yesterday. I have no mountains here to help me figure out which direction I am pointing. I totally thought I parked in another area of the parking lot and thought someone had stolen my car. I called Bridger and then started walking in another area just so I could say I checked the whole lot and I found my car. Can you say embarassing?
I have had ants in my house, too which is driving me crazy! I spend some time everyday battling them. I have sprayed the foundation outside our house. I think I can add exterminator to my job description list as a mom. My kids pray at night that we won't find any more ants in our house. Our neighbor said he has some every year but this year is worse, probably due to the mild winter. The spiders are icky, too. They are bigger and hairier-maybe I just imagining that, but it seems everything grows well here.
Bridger surprised me by taking the day off on Friday to help me (for my mothers day present- who would want that besides a organized crazy like me :). We went to the DMV. I got some unpacking done while he watched the boys in the afternoon and he was home early enough so we could go to the elementary carnival that night. I remember my "first real mothers day." It was awesome! Bridger totally pampered me, then a reality sunk it that, "Crap, I have to do all THAT for fathers day now!" I have totally backed off now. I don't want to sit and enjoy if Bridger can't sit and enjoy with me so I try to do it very simple.
One more week done in Omaha. It goes fast and slow. I feel like we have been here forever but it still doesn't have the same comfort level for me. Kjerstin said she is starting for forget what our house in Idaho looks like. I still break down and cry at least once a week, too. Bridger told me to expect a year and a half adjusting time. That makes me wish it would go faster so it would be easier. I will enjoy having the kids out of school in 8 days to keep me company during the day. Their last day of school will mark a month, another milestone to cross and say we have made. That is good! Just like passing each mile marker on a marathon. I will get there eventually!
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment