Sunday, January 11, 2009

January Blahs

January. It comes after December, the month that I feel like I am running from Thanksgiving on to December. And then it hits. I just feel unmotivated! My parents who are in Finland say the Finns leave up their Christmas decorations through January because they love the light it brings to their dark part of the earth. I don't know if my lack of motivation is missing that good feeling you get when you are giving more (like you do around Christmas.) I have had laundry and cleaning that just couldn't motivate me to move and get it done this week. I just want to be a bear and hibernate for a few months! My family might say I am a bear, but that is digressing. My hightlight of the week is rocking Daven to sleep while Brynna was at preschool, and just holding him while he napped. I love that poem, "...The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." Fortunately (so I can't keep justifing my dusty house) we have a little trip planned to get me motivated! We are going to Washington, D.C. for the inauguration. Well, I don't know if we are going to actually go TO the inauguration. We have tickets, but the security and crowds may not work with 4 kids. We will make the decision when we get there. The kids are totally jazzed as we don't do this kind of thing very often. I have been to D.C. twice before and have seen what I want to see so I am hoping to make this a once in a lifetime for my kids. My brother in law, who lives there, is providing me with great planning material. D.C. has lots of free places to go. I found some free ice skating and swimming and sadly my kids are just as excited about this as all the other stuff. We will see what we actually get packed into our 7 day trip. It is probably crazy to go to D.C. during one of the busiest times of the year. I can already see us getting lost in traffic. I just have to remember to laugh and create memories. Keep reading for updates! I will try to journal our eventful trip!

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! What a neat thing for your family to do.

I too have the January blahs...I think everyone does. When we lived in AZ I even had them, so it can't be the cold weather doing it to us! I think that all the hype of the holidays wears off and then we settle in for a few cold months and crazy weather. Maybe a trip to Hawaii would make things better!

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.