Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years!

I have a goal to add to this blog at least once a week. As I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to write this week, I fell to the all too easy alternative of New Years Resolutions! I googled resolutions and found some funny responces like: "I will show all of my favorite geeky movies, TV shows, cartoons, etc., to my kids as they become old enough for each. I will not be disappointed—or at least will conceal my disappointment—if they don't like them as much as I did at their age. Unless they don't like Star Wars, in which case weeping openly is simply unavoidable." There were generic ones like: do more service, get fit, spend more time with family, etc. My resolutions are something like: read my scriptures more regularly, say morning and nightly prayers, lose baby weight, get over my Diet Coke addiction, etc. I had to teach Relief Society at church today. The topic was the Power of Diligent Learning. I came across this quote: " True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." (Pres. Boyd K. Packer) I also read an article that says LDS people are constantly setting resolutions as our church members are always striving to improve themselves (i.e. we present ourselves at the Lord's altar each week to renew our baptismal covenants to always keep his commandments). I guess my resolution should be to take seriously my covenants I have made with the Lord to be my brothers keeper, and to continue to study until those doctines edify my soul and I truly am enlightened by them to change those behaviors that need to be changed. A little twist on resolutions!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.