Sunday, February 1, 2009

Brag on Your Man

I just have to brag on Bridger a little bit. There is a radio station that used to have a day when callers would call in to brag on their man. You would listen to lots of stories of wonderful husbands, and then the station would draw for a room at a local bed and breakfast from all the callers who has called. I think it is a good idea to remember the good things that we do and not only focus on our shortcomings. I have to remind myself to do this! Bridger called me this week to tell me about the Valentines plans he has for me. He has it planned two weeks before the day! That is impressive to me. Not because he doesn't plan, it is because I am a last minute planner. He knows I like to ski. I am not good by any standard, but it is fun. I am happy if I get out once or twice a season. There have been many years I haven't gone at all because of pregnancy or newborns or inconvenience. My sister was coming to town earlier this year and he wanted me to call her and ask her to go skiing with me so he would be content in the knowledge that I had my fix. I didn't because I wasn't worried about going. He has planned to take me skiing on Valentines Day. He even had a massage planned for afterwards. I know stuff like this isn't an everyday thing. It is just those moments you get in all the craziness of life that reminds you why you love each other and why you got married all those years ago. He is very thoughtful. I am grateful for the counsel I got before I was married that if you would each worry about your spouse's happiness, you both would be happy. Sometimes I get so busy worrying about the kids, I forget that counsel. I have to be reminded. I am grateful when my husband remembers, too!

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

Great reminder. Maybe I will start planning for our Valentines day!

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.