I am so glad Valentines Day is coming because it is a sign we are moving toward the end of winter. Maybe the heat from all the love will melt all the snow and flowers will start to bloom again! I gives me something to look forward to. January seems like such a long month. I am glad it is over. February is a short month and then it will be March! Maybe I can begin running outside again.
Primary songs, I just love them. The new one the kids are learning for this year, "God gave us families, to help us to become what He wants us to be. This is how He shows his love, for the family is of God." My mother is law gave us this cute CD called Scripture Scouts. Here is an exerpt from one song, "Who always wants the window seat? Eats the last bite of your treat? Sits by you with stinky feet? Family! Who says you have to do your chore? Buys the broccoli at the store? Tells you not to slam the door? Family Who sees you with your morning hair?... " You get the idea. Then the musical number in sacrament meeting today was "Heavenly Father Loves Me." I remember having just arrived in California on my mission in the mission home and hearing that song. I was overwhelmed with the responsibility of what I was attempting to do and felt somewhat alone. I heard that song and I just started to cry. I am so grateful for music, especially primary songs, they put it so succinctly and eloquently. It puts some of the sweet in life.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment