Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Stick in the Mud

I was released from the RS presidency today. I kind of knew it was coming. My president has been in 3 1/2 years and the bishop called saying he needed to talk to just me JUST a minute or two before sacrament meeting started. I put 2 and 2 together. I wasn't sad. I was in the presidency before my president was put in--so I have been in for awhile. To my surprise when they announced it in sacrament meeting today, I started to tear up. I don't know if it is the pregnancy hormones flowing or what. I don't have a presidency meeting or RS visits or a luncheon to host in a week or a lesson to prepare in 3 weeks. I have some free time on my hands so why am I sad? I think it is the blessings of serving that you receive that you don't realize you have until you are released and no longer have those blessings. My parents came home from their mission this week. I asked my Dad if they were glad they were home and he said, "It's good to be back, I think." I think it is change. We are sticks in the mud and don't like change when it actually has to occur. I guess being a stick in the mud is okay as long as we are firm and steadfast in the faith. I was sad when I was released from Primary after being in there an eon. I am sad now that I am released from Relief Society. I think it is just time for another good change that the Lord sees for me. I am ready. He always sees better in the future than I do!

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

I am sure you served well and have learned and given, and worried, and been inspired about all those sisters that you have served for the past few years. Change is hard, and sometimes we feel like a fish out of water don't we.
How are you feeling with the pregnancy?

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.