Sunday, October 25, 2009

LAST week

Okay, so I couldn't decide what to write about last week. I had read a really good book called "The Woman at the Well" which asks the question of us "how thirsty are we." It is a really good book if you are ever feeling unimportant. My RS president gave it to me as a thank you for serving with her. I was impressed with the questions it asked. I also was going to write about how wonderful it is having my Mom and Dad back from their mission! I really missed them. There is nothing like a mother's hug. I ALSO thought about writing about my Christmas dilemma and seeing if anyone had any ideas! Corban is bound and determined to put a camera in the Christmas tree to video tape Santa Claus. He had a kid in his class who did it and saw Santa. Corban still believes and I don't know if I should fill him with reality (I hated the year I found out when I was a kid), or if I should rent a Santa suit and continue the myth. He has already written and mailed a letter to Santa asking for pictures of him, elves and reindeer. I am at a loss as parent once again and am asking for advice. Last week I couldn't decide what to write about and never did so you get the smorgasboard this week. Sorry!

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

Well, we are in the same dilemma this year. Tanner has asked us several times about the Santa thing and we have been really vague. Ryan's parents tell their kids the Christmas after they turn age 8. I think that is to early in my opinion, but what they do is they make it a really big deal by taking the child out for a special date night with mom and dad, and 'letting them in on the magic secret'by telling them about Santa and asking them to help keep the magic alive. Then they get to help a little bit with the Christmas Eve preparations after the other kids go to bed. (without ruining their surprise, of course)

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.