Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween


Well, we survived Halloween. It was a busy week. I had a Dr.'s appointment. They had miscalculated that is was time for my glucose test. I told them I didn't have time until next Thursday. I think they were shocked but there was one commitment after another all week long. It is so much work getting costumes ready and such! Corban was a Wii, Kjerstin was a mouse, Brynna was a waitress, and Daven was Mario. He has taken after his whatever his big brother likes. He sees Corban playing the Wii and he looks at the cases. Corban has a little Mario that Daven has taken to carrying around with him everywhere. Daven really liked the trick or treating. Corban's costume took a bit of creativity and work on my part. Kjerstin wore the same mouse costume I wore (that my Mom made) when I was about her age. She was going to be a waitress but changed her mind. My kids love to do that with Halloween costumes. Brynna was going to be a bride and Charpay from HSM and changed her mind yet again when Kjerstin changed her mind. I used to love holidays when I was a kid and now I am not so sure anymore. It is fun for the kids but lots of work for the grown-ups! What you do for those you love! We had 5 Halloween parties: (a preschool party, a ward party, a class party, a friend party, and Halloween itself! Dressing kids up 5 times is quite a lot of work. We went to grandparents trick-or-treating and around the neighborhood. Bridger took the kids to the end of our street and they were ready to turn back and come home. I am grateful he was around this Halloween and not off at class or someplace else. I think they were a little Halloweened out, too! When they got to my Mom's house, she offered all of them candy and all of them refused! Now, to get the Halloween decorations put away and get the Thanksgiving decorations out BEFORE Thanksgiving! I taught preschool last week and will this week so it will be a week before I have time to think about it! Oh well!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.