Sunday, October 4, 2009

My husband

Yesterday I felt like I cooked and watched conference and cooked and watched conference and cooked and cooked some more. I got up this morning and made coffee cake. My kids have been talking about it for weeks anxious for me to make it. I am glad they enjoy it. It is a physical reason for them to look forward to the weekend. Maybe it will eventually translate into a spiritual reason as well. Bridger did the cooking for lunch today and made “lunch a la our garden.” Tuesday this last week was 80 degrees. Wednesday was 42 (for a high). Talk about a drastic change! Bridger came home Tuesday night at 10pm and went out to harvest everything he could from our garden. He came home Wednesday during the day and harvested the rest and worked longer that night to make up for it. So today he gave me a break from cooking, used his love of cooking new recipes, and used up produce from our garden. Today for lunch Bridger made Homemade Herbed Tomato Soup, Kohlrabi with Honey Butter, Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Puff, and grilled cheese sandwiches (for the kids). It was very good and more exotic than I usually cook. Plus it was just nice not to have to cook. Food always tastes better when you haven’t had to cook it! I am blessed to have a husband who likes to cook! Too bad he is not around more to do it more often.

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.