I got the title from one area of Corban's scout Bear manual. He is encouraged to write different things down. I can benefit from it, too. Here are some things that have happened that I have thought I have been cute/profound. Brynna said to me the other day, "I just wish I would have got what I wanted for Christmas." She was the last person I was still trying to shop for because I couldn't figure out what to get her. Curious what it was she really wanted, I asked. She responded. "I don't know." I had to laugh.
Corban prayed in his prayer the other day that my belly button will return to normal after this pregnancy. He is quite concerned. I thought that was cute.
Last night at our weeknight relief society meeting, they encouraged all women in our ward to participate in the Personal Progress program. They then showed how easy it could be by having 4 women and 4 young women say what they had done for their projects for different values. I was especially impressed with a 13 year young woman who for her faith value project composed a song about faith. She also read John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." She then shared how God must have had faith in Christ when he sent him that he would accomplish the task at hand and how he similarly has faith in us. She then said how Christ must have had faith that he could accomplish the task set before him and how we need to have faith. I have never thought of it that way and was quite impressed by the knowledge of a 13 year old. Another sister in our ward started a service blog. She is living with her parents right now while her husband is unemployed and having a hard time finding a purpose in her life in a house with 2 moms and 2 dads. She decided to look for service opportunities. She spoke of how it has blessed her life. I don't know that I LOOK for service opportunities. When I did personal progress it was to get it done because I was supposed to. I think I will try it again now because I want to. I was a very nice night!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment