Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gideon James Critchfield







Well after a very stressful Tuesday, I went into labor Tuesday night. It was very unlike my labor with Daven. My contractions weren't regular in time or in strength but the painful ones were crippling. I finally went into Labor and Delivery at 4:30am and the nurses of course didn't think I was in labor. When they checked, I was dilated to a 8 with my strong contractions but the baby still wasn't dropping down and staying down. The baby's heart rate was dropping dramatically with contractions and they thought there might be a nucal cord around the baby stopping him from dropping. I was nauseated because of a migraine I had all day on Tuesday and was vomiting. There were no anesthesiologists who were willing to do the epidural because it was a change of shift and the guy getting off didn't want to take me and the guy coming on said it wasn't his time yet. They finally decided they need to do a C-section and found someone to come give me an epidural. I was still vomiting when they were doing the c-section. Gideon was very blue and not moving when they got him out. After spending several hours in NICU he was doing well and I was finally able to see and hold him. After doing the C-section they have no explanation for the difficulties he was having. It is a different kind of sore and it is driving me crazy not to be able to just jump in and take off from where I left off. I feel bad and like a cripple not being able to lift up Daven or do things for him. I think any hopes of a flat stomach are now out for good. He is a really good baby so far. Brynna and Daven have really had a bad cough and now it sounds like Kjerstin is getting it. Daven is on an antibiotic for an ear infection because we were up with him all night my first night home. I missed the last step coming down our stairs and bruised my tail bone. I hurt all over. I think five is my limit. I had basically said before this was it but I am FEELING it now! I keep telling myself, "this too shall pass" and "all these things shall give thee experience." I just need to feel it! I promise I will be more positive when I feel better!
P.S. He was 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 1/2 inches long--my smallest so far!

2 comments:

Melissa Farr said...

Bridger and Cindy, I am so happy for your sweet family. He is beautiful. C-sections are hard, but the more you et up and move around the better you will feel. Just keep taking the pain meds even if you think you can do it on your own. I can't wait to talk with you. Melissa

Teeples Family said...

Congratulations! I have been waiting for your announcement that he has made his appearance into the world! He is sure a cutie.

It seems that the first few weeks are always the hardest. Enjoy this while it lasts, for soon you will be on to something new! My littlest is already opening the dishwasher and climbing on the door, playing in the toilet, pulling out all the dished from my cupboards, etc. For a girl she's pretty mischevious!

Anyway-congratulations again; we are happy for your sweet family!
Kristeen

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.