Monday, January 17, 2011

Look!

I took the kids skiing over the weekend while Bridger stayed home with the little boys. Bridger has taken Brynna skiing once before. She basically skied between his legs. I tried that at first and I wasn't up for holding her and letting her sled down the hill all day. She needed to figure it out. So she spent the day learning, which means lots of falling. She would sit in the snow after she fell and look at the ski lift, other skiers who were passing by, the trees around us. I would say, "Brynna, Look! This is what you need to do to get up." I said, "Look!" quite a few times on Saturday. I was getting frustrated she was not looking at what I was showing her. Yesterday in our family scripture study, we were reading 1 Nephi chaper 11 where Nephi is getting the interpretation of his father's dream. The Spirit kept saying to him, "Look!" I love the exclamation mark. It made me wonder how many times the Lord tells me to Look! and see the tree and I see the people around me and not the glorious but somewhat distant tree in my future. In the same chapter there is a part where Nephi is told to "Look!" and he think he will see the Spirit again, but something else is shown to him. I think this happens to me, too. I think I have in mind what the Lord should do for me and it doesn't happen, but I neglect to see the other greater things the Lord has in store for me to see. It was quite a ski lesson for Brynna, but a greater lesson for me to Look! in my life at what the Lord has for me.

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.