Sunday, January 9, 2011

My life

Last Sunday I had a migraine and couldn't bear to look at a computer screen. All week long I have trying to put my thoughts together to post. My life feels a little chaotic right now and I find myself feeling like I am treading water, with waves washing over my head from time to time. The Savior has been my lifesaver I am clinging onto. I am just trying to keep up literally and figuratively. I have always been one to easily overload myself. I scheduled myself with 23 credits in college because I could. If I have a free minute, I am likely to fill it because there is nothing scheduled that can't be squeezed in somewhere else. I always end up showing signs of fatigue in one way or another. I just read this quote on Sugardoodle. "If Satan can't get you to be bad, he'll make you busy." A common sentence in my house lately is, "I am too tired to care!" It is good and bad. Some things that need to slide, do and unvariable some things I shouldn't let slide, do as well! I keep telling myself these are growing pains of personal growth. I have tried to slow down as our prophets have counseled. I took my kids out of TaVaci this semester. I am trying to teach them piano myself instead (which in a way is MORE work). I didn't sign my girls up for dance this spring. I am trying to find that balance in my life. I really suck at the Wii balance games, too. I always think, this is a waste of my time. My kids love them, though. They think they are fun. If I let myself have fun maybe I would relax and be able to float on this sea of my life.

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

Finding balance is key--especially for those of us who feel guilty if we even sit down during the day. I remember looking forward to nursing Keira--because i could sit down, guilt free and watch some TV or read a book. Not so anymore! We struggle with those same things; i took our girls out of dance to take a break as well, and after 10 years of teaching music, this is my last semester! So, we are both making strides and doing what we have to do. Good luck in the journey!

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.