Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Good Life

Well, we made it.  We are in Nebraska.  I find it ironic that the state motto is "The Good Life."  It is like it has been here waiting for me and I didn't even know it z(my maiden name is Goodliffe).  The kids did AMAZING on the trip!  Gideon never cried because he was sick of being in the car.  Having 2 cars to divide the kids worked wonders.  Kjerstin screamed as we drove across the Nebraska border.  She is also quoted as saying, "I forgot to take my last breath of Idaho air."  I have to say, the things I have heard about Wyoming are all true.  There is not much to look at (at least along the freeway).  It has been nonstop since we got here.  I am wondering if I will ever get this house unpacked.  The storage space is different (as it is with most houses).  We purchased $500 in shelving to put in, but it didn't make it in and I am not sure Bridger will have time with his work duties.  I think I will have to do it! Ah!  I am uncertain about my building abilities.  I have already received and been sustained as the Beehive advisor in our branch.  I have also decided that I think I prefer to pack myself.  The packers did a great job and we have found few broken items, but I can't find anything.  I couldn't even find a pencil for the kids to do homework the first night.  Both Bridger and I commented that it has never been this bad unpacking.  I don't know if that is because we have more kids and more stuff or what the reason is exactly.  The kids seem to be doing okay in school and adjusting.  It is interesting how different schools are everywhere.  I am impressed with the longer school days, dedicated music and art class rooms and having these classes given more often.  Kjerstin complains that she only has 1 recess right now before lunch.  But I think that is small complaint (as is my different storage areas complaint).  She was disappointed that she did all of Idaho's test and now she and Corban have to do Nebraska's since they are enrolled in the school district in the month of April.  We have met some very nice neighbors.  We have made our first Costco trip and our first Walmart trip.  I even drove to the airport without getting lost.  I think we are settling in.  It is Sunday and I had to take a nap today.  I think the unpacking demands are more than I realized.  I swear I am taking more steps daily in this house.  I don't know if it is just because I am unpacking or because the house is bigger but it feels like everything is so far apart. There are some boxes in every room that are misplaced and we have to move them to another room.  Everytime I leave a room, I have to think what does not belong in that room and try to multitask my walking and walking.  I think the kids like the house.  I am surprised how well they are doing without cable.  I still miss my friends and my family.  I think we will be okay here.  I even said today, "We are happy to be here"  (if I say it I will start to believe it, right?).  

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.