Sunday, January 4, 2009
Strange Relations!
In preparation for my lesson (see New Years post) I was reading about finding opportunities for learning everywhere. I like to run. Morning seems the only time I can regularly do it. It is a monotonous activity that requires little thought and so I can do it at 5am. While running I had this epipahny as I try to look for lessons everywhere. If it is too strange for you, I apologize. I think the Lord has had me be a little fatter in life than I would like to teach me lessons. I think weight control and spirituality control are easily related. You can make a big difference by just reading your scriptures daily and eating healthy. Those little things are the things that matter. Weight doesn’t come off quickly and it takes some time to build your testimony, too. When I exercise I feel better. When I read my scriptures and say my prayers I am happier. They are good things to do that we sometimes justify away saying we don’t have time. Both are not something you can get to a point and forget. It requires vigilance. Those are some relations I have found between the two. I also think it is important to read our scriptures daily because we are making deposits in our retirement account. We seem to be good about doing that financially with money but we need to do it with scriptural knowledge so that we have something in our account for when we retire ( not from a job but from this life).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
1 comment:
I like your comparison; strangely enough, my 2 resolutions this year are to read my scriptures daily, and get in the best shape of my life! I too feel better when I am taking care of myself both physically and spiritually--everything else seems to take care of itself when I am putting my relationship with the Lord first in my life. Thanks for the great reminder!
I hope holidays were great!
Post a Comment