Well, I think I cursed our spring break by talking about it last week. Daven ended up with stitches on Monday night (great for pictures). He lost his balance and fell forward hitting his head (just above the eyebrow) on a banister. Crazy! My sister and her family came up for Monday, too. It was fun to see them. We got to see them again when we went down to Salt Lake. I think I have a pretty great family. I look at my sisters and where they are at in their lives and I am proud of them. We are all in different places than we probably thought we would be but I think they(and probably me) are doing well. Pam put herself through dental school and has had more than her share of heart break. She is one of the friendliest people I know, though and she is a fabulous missionary even though she never served a full-time mission. Kathy cleaned my mom house while she was here just because, she folds my laundry for me when she is at my house. She watched my kids for one whole week this summer and didn't think twice about taking 11 kids to McDonalds. She reminds me of my Mom that way. Susan is amazingly hard working and always has been. She is a supportive wife and always seems to do the impossible. Janna is always positive and is a better mother than I will ever be even though she has never had children of her own. I have an amazing network that surrounds me.
Bridger didn't end up going to Salt Lake with us because he had too much work to do. We still went but considerably shortened our trip. He was up and at work by at least 7am most days and didn't come home until then. It was crazy! He is very hard working. He had to come up with a word to describe him for this program he is in at work. His word was "conscientious." He said after this week he would maybe like to be less conscientious. His boss also very perceptively pointed out that maybe he is sick of deadlines as that is what his life basically is. My friend and I went out to eat but as we are both on diets, we both ate salads like good girls. The weather has been nasty! Not springy at all! We enjoyed the break though! As I was lamenting to Bridger that is was taking me all week to get the laundry done, he told me to relax, that I was on spring break. I love him! I hope we are done with illnesses. Bridger has not been feeling great but I think that is lack of sleep as much as anything. I didn't mind having my kids home. It is a little more work but, I enjoy their company ( as long as there isn't too much fighting). I have a list of activities that we could still do this week. Speaking of this week, Bridger's sister and her family are here to visit for their spring break. It is just starting. Too bad it didn't coincide better. That would be too convenient. Challenges make us stronger. Now it is back to the grindstone for 2 more months. I think I can, I think I can!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment