Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Can't Live With or Without You

Bridger is going to be out of town this week. I have known about it for awhile. I am not looking forward to it. Even though I don't see him often, I will miss him. I was talking to someone recently whose husband was released as bishop. I asked her if she was glad to have her husband around more. She told me no. She liked it when he was gone and told me I just hadn't been married long enough. You also hear couples who raise their children and when they are empty nesters again, they feel like they don't know each other. I don't want that to happen either. I read an article last week that said that couples spend on average of 10 minutes talking to each other a day and it is usually the stuff of "Did you get the mail?" I have had days like that with Bridger but hopefully we still have those meaningful conversations that keep the connection we felt when we were dating. We have both been trying to lose weight and it has been fun to have that common goal in mind even when our daily activities are so very different. At least I'll know when Bridger is in Montana he will still be exercising and watching what he eats and trusting that I am, too. Even if we are apart, we can still have the same goal. I guess the fact that I miss him when he is gone shows I am on the path I want to be on. By the way, the kids are sick. Doesn't that seem to happen more times than not when your counterpart is gone?

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

I feel your pain! SOme days Ryan and I wonder if we are living the same life! Life gets in the way doesn't it?

One of the goals of our "new life" (the stage where we have decided to be done having babies, lose the baby weight, and enjoy our family more on the way to becoming the new "us")is that we are trying to focus more on eachother,so that our kids can see what it is to have a healthy, loving relationship. Sometimes I have to remind myself that "I NEED this time with Ryan," and it is okay-in fact, it's good, for the kids to know that. I agree with you; I don't want to be one of those couples that has to re-learn what life together is all about after the kids are gone. Good luck in your quest too!

We have also been sick-Keira with an ear infection at 4 months! But we are all getting better. We hope that you guys are too.

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.