Well, at our house we are officially done with basketball (after the ice cream party tonight). No more practice twice a week and a game on Saturday. We have a little reprieve from sports until April when Kjerstin's soccer will start practice twice a week and a game on Saturday. It is such a short amount of time but it is WONDERFUL for me to just have one less thing to do and place to be! It is reason to celebrate. I thought I would list some other things that I think are wonderful!
1. chocolate chip cookies that are still warm! I think they are irresistable and I love the way they make my house smell! ( Not in harmony with my weight loss goals but I feel like I'm a good mother if I have chocoate chip cookies.)
2. I love hearing my six year old read books to my 14 month old. I once filled out a questionaire that asked what my favorite thing to do with my kids was. I love to read to them but my time to do so has seemed to diminish. It is hard to read a book (by each child's choosing) to each child in each child's bed at bedtime and have it not be a 45 minute process (not including the arguing about who I read to first and what the trouble the others get into while waiting for their story). It was nice to hear someone else read this time.
3. Shopping by myself ( without kids)!
4. As much fun as it is to go out and do fun activities, a good day at home beats it all!
5. Friends! You all are helpers in making this life wonderful.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment