I had to teach Relief Society last week. Here are a couple of quotes from my lesson that I really enjoyed!
'"Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God's gift of Himself," I once heard Mother Teresa say. I'm learning that "God's gift of Himself" squeezes most of the contempt and criticism out of my heart.' Chieko Okazaki
"Love everyone. And if you love someone who doesn't deserve it, God will certainly not be mad at you." Mary Ellen Edmunds
" (God) works through human channels for much the same reason that we water our lawn with a sprinkler instead of a fire hose. His love is a secret tht we each have to learn for ourselves. Just opening the fire hydrant on humanity would wash away quite a few. So Jesus asks us to transmit that love in quiet, gentle ways that will nurture without damaging others but which will let people feel curious about the source of that love until they seek it themselves." Chieko Okasaki
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment