Thursday, May 6, 2010

You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?

The title is a flylady saying. I am a few weeks behind in updating this blog. Today I was going to do yard work but as you can see from the photo, a May snow has surprised and cancelled my plans, so maybe I can get something written in here about the last few weeks. I have had strep, the stomach flu and a normal old cold virus that hasn't been fun. The kids and Bridger have all been sick, too. When you are sick, you just don't feel like anything exciting is happening in your life. And now it is May. I think it should be called "May Madness" instead of "March Madness." With all the end of the year concerts, recitals, field trips, graduations, etc. It is a crazy month! Bridger is working more and now I get to figure yard work into my schedule (like I had a day that wasn't already full). This weekend Bridger is graduating. We wanted the kids to see him walk to show them the importance of college. I am so proud of him. It hasn't been easy juggling the demands of family, work, church and school. It is also the TaVaci concert for the kids. It is also Mother's Day. I have mixed feelings about the day. I can do so much better as a mother so it can be a reminder of all the ways I want to improve, but I love a little pampering, too. I ordered myself some cleaning tools from FlyLady to see if I can fly faster and get more done to enjoy time with my family more. With being so busy and sick, I have struggled to do more than I have to do each day to keep up. I haven't scheduled the joy into my day. I found this this list of questions to ask yourself from Wendy Watson Nelson's book, "Change your Questions, Change your Life." Maybe if I ask myself these questions, I won't feel overwhelmed, behind, and missing out of the joy.
1. What is on my premortal list of things to do while on earth?
2. What is the one question I most need to have answered from the scriptures today?
3. What are three words to follow for a great life?
4. Whose agenda is this supporting?
5. If I were to pray for and picture the Holy Ghost beside me, how would I manage this difficult situation?
6. How can I be more of my true self at the end of this experience?
7. What do I know to be true?
Happy Mother's Day to all of you and remember, You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.