Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fingerprints

My kids had Thursday and Friday off of school, and I was excited. We spent Thursday at the dentist. Then I was babysitting for a friend and my girls were not as nice as I thought they should be. Friday, I thought we would have time to do all sorts of fun projects together. I am teaching Kjerstin to sew and we have some PJ pants to make. We could make Halloween cookies. I wanted to go to the library. If they didn't want to, I could do my own projects like refinishing my table. They pretended like they had earplugs in and couldn't hear me all day! I was getting nothing done and neither were they with their chores! Corban had some homework to catch up on and some scouting to do. Kjerstin and Brynna played (or fought like cats and dogs) most of the day. My day was NOT what I had planned. My kids were having a great time, though. And I felt like I was cleaning up mess after mess! Then I read this quote:

"What is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
President Monson

In this same talk he said,
"Be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." – President Monson

It made me stop and remember why I am doing all this. I am so grateful for prophets to help us see through the fog, or the fingerprints!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.