Sunday, October 3, 2010

Time

This last week was interesting. I spent time on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday doing things for myself (Dr. appointments, hair cut, chiropractor appointment, book discussion group) all of which I had to get a babysitter and had time to myself (that elusive sought after golden orb that disappears as soon as we think we have it). I enjoyed myself more on Friday than all those other days when I volunteered in Brynna’s class. I think service is amazing. I felt more refreshed and fulfilled after that than all the other activities combined. (By the way, I learned at my book group that C.S. Lewis and J.R. Tolkien were friends, and Tolkien introduced Lewis to Christianity). While I think it is still essential to take care of the necessary, I think we don’t always want what we think we want. When we follow the course the Lord has set for us with His example, we will find that happiness that Lehi speaks of when he states, “Men are that they might have joy.” I think the three rule of conference included: following the living prophet, living so you qualify for the Holy Ghost to receive and act on it’s promptings, and our agency and time must be used wisely. I think following the Savior’s example of how he used his time in service applies there.
I also was reminded I have amazing friends this week. I have a friend who agreed to do a feelings journal with me so I wouldn’t have to do it alone (because I think it is a dumb assignment). I have a friend who watched my kids for me. I have an amazing husband/friend who drove home from Boise early to come to a book discussion with me, who works hard so I can stay home with our kids and is on duty when he is home helping me with cooking, chauffeuring etc. I feel very blessed that they gave up their time to serve me!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.