I don't know if I am a bad mother or not, but last night when the rest of the neighborhood was out trick or treating, I had my kids home handing out candy. We had been to the ward trunk or treat the night before and I am sure they would have visited many of the same houses of people they got candy from the night before. My kids are picky candy eaters, too which means they only eat a quarter of the candy they get. And the rest of the candy is left to tempt me. (I did give in to the temptation last night and had some candy, but I am back on track today). I told them they had enough candy. I am sure they would have gotten a few more choice morsels they would have liked and a lot more I would have enjoyed!
In addition, I haven't got a picture of them in their costumes. I didn't take a picture at school because I thought I would get one at the trunk or treat with a cute backdrop and all of them together. But-when we got to the church, it was a scattering. They dispersed and I couldn't find them again until it was time for the trunk or treat. I could have got one when we got home but people were changing before I could do so. I could have made them dress up again, but I haven't--yet. Corban was a hockey player, Kjerstin and Brynna were Twilight vampires, Daven was Buzz Lightyear, and Gideon was a pumpkin. This is the first time since my kids were babies (and got the hand-me-down pumpkin costume) that they have kind of been something Halloweeny (is that a word?). I am not sure Twilight counts as Halloweeny but it may be as close as we get. Kjerstin has a rash on her face from the makeup so I am leary to inflict it on her again.
In other news, we have had the nasty cold at our house this week. Kleenex and Motrin are going fast. And Gideon is moving all over the place! He is attacking all floor plants. He is climbing stairs (because there must be something more exciting happening someplace else) and is pulling himself up. He has done the splits a few times because he can't quite figure out standing to crawling again. He has a few bonks from not being as sturdy holding on to things as he should be. The only time he holds still is when he is sleeping. It is a dangerous world out there. We also have our primary program today. It is always a favorite for me. I am sure it will be extra interesting as kids have had a weekend of sugary, stay up late fun. Bridger was out of town this last week. He was in West Yellowstone for meetings. We had to have the van repaired while he was gone and a leaky faucet fixed. I know things often come in threes and have been waiting for what's next. At least he will hopefully be home to help this time. Thank goodness for good parents and in-laws! I completed my first few mystery shops and they were fun! I don't make a ton of money but can do more if I want to. It can be my mad money! I am still hungry but not angry. I think it was coming off of sugar. I really think sugar addiction is as real as any other addiction. I would like to study it more. I am ready to break out the Christmas music. I think Thanksgiving and Christmas tie into each other well. Maybe I am just excited for December to come because I can legally start adding sugar back to my diet!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment