Sunday, November 7, 2010

Comfort

I did several things to bring me a bit of comfort this week and none of them were my traditional comfort foods! I officially made it one week without cheating and eating any sugar in any of its devious forms! I think I deserve a prize. How about a pumpkin cheesecake from Costco? The craving still haven’t gone away but I feel a little more in control of them. I have 2 more days of shots and by Saturday I will be able to include healthy fats in my eating. Then three glorious weeks from then, I will be able to start to incorporate starches and sugar (in moderation) back into my diet. My sister keeps telling me I can do it for 40 days and lose more weight, but I would be too far into December with neighbor goodies coming in by the truckload and feeling a little helpless not to just have a taste. I will be done. I am proud of myself for making it this far. I even made no-bake cookies for treats for FHE on Monday and did not have any! I have purposely not made brownies because I think that would be too much.
We went to the temple yesterday. It always brings a sense of comfort that comes from nothing else. I enjoyed the time to talk to Bridger. I got the Halloween decorations down in time to hurry and get the Thanksgiving decorations up before Christmas comes. We started to put a dent in the Christmas shopping yesterday after our trip to the temple. I am glad to have a start at that. Christmas is a stress to me and I am glad I am taking proactive action by starting.

I am being put in as the 1st counselor in our ward primary presidency today. I love primary. I have been there before and was sad to leave. I always feel unworthy of such callings. The people who are there now are doing such a good job. It is such a trick trying to capture their attention and bring the spirit in to teach them such important truths. I am not sure how my kids will feel about me being in there. I hope it will be okay with them. Just as I was getting comfortable!

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.