I went to the temple yesterday. We seemed to have a million things happen trying to keep us from going to the temple. We were later than we thought we would be and decided to do initiatories instead of an endowment session. Some concerns I had were answered in doing initiatory. I think it is that way with our kids, too. We can help them out with their problems by just spending time with them. As we spend more time with the Lord, He somehow answers our concerns in verses of scripture we have read before. We don't see beforehand that these verses have a direct correlation to our situation. Somehow in spending time with the Lord, he is able to help us.
I was also thinking about beauty. I was listening to all the things Heavenly Father blesses us with and none of them are beauty. I know he could bless us with beauty. Is it that he doesn't care? I don't think so. I think it is that we are all beautiful. It is like that with flowers. Take a pussy willow and a rose. Some are maybe less attractive to some than others. But to others they are just as beautiful. I have heard that we are all beautiful but had bought into the philosophy that if all are beautiful then no one is. I think we get too focused in this world with making ourselves more beautiful. We try different haircuts or haircolors. We try different clothes or different ways of doing our makeup. We buy into all these schemes of Satan telling us we are not beautiful. It is not that it is bad. But anything taken to the extreme can be detrimental. I was reading an article in LDS Living. It said that Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie are under their BMI. I thought that was interesting. It gives a new definition of what you think healthy is.
I was also listening and all the blessings we get are so we can serve others. Kind of like the priesthood. You can't bless yourself but you in turn are a blessing to others. We need to remember why we are given this body and what the Lord has asked of us in return.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment