Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Wanted: Good Health
When I was little, I remember missing quite a few parties at school because I was sick. It seems I haven't changed much and have passed it on my children. Valentines Day was spent "pouring" our guts out! You could also substitute "puking" for "pouring." Over 50% of the people in my house were sick. I think I can still smell throw up, but I don't know where the smell is coming from. There were only two that were left untouched. That is okay because they have have their share of puking in the last month. I had strep two weeks ago when Bridger was in Montana. I have wiped every surface I can think of with disinfecting wipes. This isn't really what I wanted when my alarm is going off at 5am and wished I could just lay in bed for a day and not have anything I HAD to do. I hope good health is on the way and will stay for awhile. In the month of January there was only 1 of the 5 Sundays that everyone was healthy and at church. It can be so hard with large families to stay healthy! I keep telling myself we are just extra healthy from all the antibodies our bodies are developing. Also I am spared gaining a pound of two from Valentines treats. I will probably lose a pound or two instead. That's a good thing, right? It sure doesn't feel that way or is it very romantic or fun to lay in bed on Valentines Day. All the fun ideas I had will have to wait for next year. Maybe my children will recognize that it is a true sign of a mother's love that she cleans up after they throw up. It reminds me of our first Thanksgiving when we were married. We both had an awful case of the stomach flu. The good part is it does make it easy to remember. I can say, there is no one I would rather lay in bed by! Happy Valentines Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment