Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I have read some good articles about the Atonement and that has helped. I always have so much room to grow, though! It makes me feel unworthy of the Atonement but I guess none of us are. I always struggle not knowing what to do for my kids. I had Corban and Kjerstin say to me that they were going to try to stay up all night so they could meet the Easter bunny. I think I will be relieved when I don’t have something to live up to being the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny and Santa. It is probably good for me to strive to be more than my natural man is, I just always fear that I fall short of my kids expectations. I don’t like to make it as big of a deal as Christmas with gift giving. I would like to focus on the religious aspects of it more, but it seems like with kids you have to do something. I didn’t think they needed new Sunday clothes. I could give them candy but is that enough? I don’t know. I feel the pressure! Bridger picked up a Wii Fit at Costco. I asked him when he was going to give it to me. He said whenever I wanted to (smart husband). I asked him if he wanted to do it for Easter. He said no. I felt like I was not giving the kids very much so last night as I was filling baskets I got the Wii Fit down, too (although it was so late that I forgot to take the Costco price tag off and the kids told me the Easter bunny got it at Costco). I think everyone was happy. I filled some eggs with candy and hid them around the room and the kids had fun searching for the eggs this morning. Brynna set out carrots for the Easter Bunny. I think they were happy and would have been happy even without the Wii Fit but I guess I did it more for me so I could start using the Wii Fit and not have to feel guilty that I just bought it without a good reason.

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.