Sunday, April 12, 2009

Derby Time!


I forgot to write about Corban's pinewood derby! I was the one who was mostly left to help Corban with his car because Bridger is so busy with everything right now. His was the least fancy of all the cars, poor kid! There were other moms who were the helpers but I think the other moms are more talented than I am thus far. I don’t think he really cared or noticed. His car was named Volcano Flames. I thought that was a pretty cool name he came up with. There were some impressive cars. Corban told me when he came home that he wants to get a pinewood derby track for our house. I told him I didn’t think we had enough room in our house for one. He still is talking about how he can find a place for it. His was not the most fastest car. It got 4th out of 4 in all the official races, but he had fun. Then they put a loopy loop in the track. Everyone else’s car crashed. Corban’s held that loop like nothing else. That was a good thing for him because he felt like he was a winner, too. I had asked Corban's grandma to pick up his car kit at the scout office for me because she was going there anyway. She came home with 3 kits so I got to help Brynna and Kjerstin build cars, too. At least we will know what to expect better next year. I think it was a good experience for him.

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

Our pinewood derby is this Thursday. What fun! I think it is a good experience for the boys; it sounds like Corban was a good sport. Some of the boys get so mad in our ward that it can get ugly!

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.