I had my post almost done and Brynna just erased it. Here is take 2! I read an article on Meridian Magazine this week where a lady was complaining that Newsweek or someone had done a study that children do not bring happiness. They rated couples happiness before and after kids. She was appalled that it said that. She has young kids. How can she not understand that children do not bring immediate happiness. Always sacrificing your own needs and wants for your kids does not always bring immediate joy. I thought it was kind of funny. I know that kids are part of the Lord’s plan of happiness. But not all parts of the plan are for this life. Kids do bring moments of laughter and joy but kids are a lot of work!
Bridger was gone and so were his parents. He left me a well person but by the end of that day, I was sick. I could only say that I just didn’t feel good. It also felt like I had scratched my throat on one side. I didn’t really think I had the right symptoms for strep but I went in to the Immediate Care anyway. I had a lot scheduled this week and I didn’t have anyone to come be a fill in parent. I had strep. I woke up the next day with a migraine ( I was so sick with the strep that I don’t think I knew it was a migraine until I threw up). I hadn’t really eaten anything because I hadn’t had an appetite and it hurt to swallow. I knew my glands were swollen and it felt like maybe a little sinus pressure but otherwise, just sick, not migraine. I got my RS president, a neighbor and a VT to help me. I cancelled my appointments and made it through. I told Bridger it gave me a taste of what it would be like if we lived somewhere where we didn’t have family and he worked a lot. He came home and let me sleep in the next day and got the kids ready. It was really sweet of him. I wasn’t even feeling that bad by then. It was almost 48 hours into the antibiotic. I still have a little headache and a little something in my throat but I am much better. I was disappointed I missed my VT appointments. I have a hard time getting in sometimes and I had to cancel last month because my kids were sick and I don’t want it to happen this month. I kind of let my kids run wild this week and didn’t do much homework with them. It was a free for all. It sure makes you appreciate your health you do have. (I summed that up in a paragraph and it was a page before that with the details of my praying on my bathroom floor while my kids were in the tub and I didn’t think I had it in me to get them out- aren’t you glad you missed that!)
Corban earned an orange belt in Tae Kwon Do. He is pretty happy about that. Kjerstin’s soccer team lost again yesterday. She was once again more concerned about her outfit than soccer but she might get there eventually.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the cutest blog on the block
Counter
About Me
- Bridger and Cindy
- We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.
1 comment:
Oh-Strep is going around here too. I hate it. We had Easter dinner planned with a friend's family, but their daughter had strep--and we opted to not go.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Post a Comment