Thursday, April 15, 2010

Underestimate Yourself

When I opened my email a few weeks, ago there was a friend request from Facebook from someone whose name I didn't recognize. With the request was a note asking if I was the Sister Goodliffe he had served with in the California Riverside Mission. I now recognized the name but still didn't remember more than the name. Why was he looking me up? I responded to the email and responded that I was who he had served with. He said I was one of the missionaries that stood out to him, and what a respect he has for sister missionaries. It surprised me that I stood out. He is happily married. Bridger would say it was for the physical characteristics of being a woman. I don't buy it. I had the worst haircut I have ever gotten about 5 months into my mission and I gained weight. It wasn't a pretty sight. So then I have to take what he said at face value and say, "Really?" I go through life pretty much thinking there is nothing special about me in particular. It surprises you when you find out an impact you have made in someone else's life. To me, it is kind of a testimony builder that I am a unique child of God with divine characteristics. In addition, I think I have"underestimated"myself a good portion of my life. I think that Satan uses it as a technique to hinder what good we can accomplish. I think it is good to remind ourselves of that occasionally that we are children of God and remember that when we put ourselves in the Lord's hands, he can make more of our lives than we can by ourselves.

No comments:

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.