Sunday, May 3, 2009

Parties

Okay to start out, no offense to anyone out there who enjoys the parties of pampered chef, mary kay and the like. I have been to some myself and sometimes it is fun but it is usually something I really don't need, and it is money I really shouldn't be spending on that stuff, and then I always feel pressured into buying something (probably my fault). Can I also point out that I feel like my life is so busy being a taxi driver right now that when I am home with my family I actually want to be there and not hanging out chatting at someone else's house. That is probably a causualty of being a wife to a working student. But my questiong is, why is this a women only thing. I just got an invite to yet another party. I am waiting for the day when Bridger's friends will show up with some invitation for him to come see what is new with tools or some new treatment for your yard and you too can start selling it yourself! Now I have heard of some kinky parties where couples are invited but I can promise you Bridger will NEVER go. He wonders why women know things about each other like how your most recent baby delivery really was. It is usually TMI for him to swallow. So anyone who is enterprising out there, start a party group for men. It is an untapped avenue of revenue for someone I am sure!

1 comment:

Teeples Family said...

Yes, I have boycotted all of those parties. In the past few weeks I have been invited to several pampered chef parties, and several Jewelry parties. And to top it off, everyone in the ward goes, and then hosts another one, and invites you again. AHHH! I have quit responding to any of them! Trust me, if I want something I will search them out!

the cutest blog on the block

Counter

About Me

My photo
We are living in Idaho. We have five wonderful children and many blessings.